Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Mother's Day Dance!

Ok, I seriously cannot even watch this video without laughing so hard. Let me explain, the young women president wanted to make a dance for the young women to perform for their mothers on mothers day. Well, I wasn't able to go to the first couple practices but i didn't know that I was going to have to learn the dance. Last Saturday Lex and I went to watch the young women practice. Lex thought it would be so funny to make me dance with them. I definitely didn't want to but i figured i would be an example, i mean, how can we ask these young women to do this dance if we, as the leaders don't show enthusiasm about it. Also, I am the only leader that is doing it with them because I am young. Well, while we were practicing Lex was saying "You have to put your feet together", "You have to put your hands like this." Easy for him to say, he doesn't have to remember all of the dance moves. I told him that if he was going to continue to tell us how to dance he was going to have to come down and learn the dance himself. Knowing that my husband DOES NOT dance i figured that he wouldn't do it and then he couldn't criticise us. But the young women were very persistent in getting him to dance and so he decided to try. I taught him the first part and that's all he wanted to learn, that's why it's not a very long video. When he was learning the young women were on the floor laughing. They were excited to see a member of "Manitu" bust a move. For the record, he is the one that wanted to record it. After watching the video he said "Dang, I am such a good dancer." We must have recorded at least three videos for him to see how great of a dancer he is! Then, tonight while I was posting this blog I was out in the living room with Luke and I showed him the video, he laughed and said "I would rather shoot myself than do a mother's day dance." Little does he know I have a video of him dancing at an Independence day dance ;) looks like somebody is going to be doing my laundry for a couple weeks ;)

3 comments:

  1. ohhh guys you both are goood dancers, especially you karii u did it soooo good congrats!!!!! :)

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K,K- Tell Luke the word is out-
    HE would rather shoot himself than do a mother's day dance for me.... hmmmmm what to do?
    I do have the video of him dressed like a mariachi for 5 de mayo... but PLEASE post the 16 de septiembre dance for me :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha the dance is for young women only, the only reason Lex learned some of it was because he was critizing our dancing :) haha but i will have to steal the video from Lex's phone, and I am pretty sure Luke will kill me if I put that video up ;)

    ReplyDelete