Monday, May 3, 2010

Just another day....

We had a very good Sunday yesterday, like usual. Lex and I try to feed the missionaries as much as we can. Yesterday was one of those days, the missionaries from our ward came over and we made them some delicious spaghetti. Lex and I have both decided to lay off wheat because he is for sure gluten intolerant and it is pretty much impossible that I don't have it because most of my family has it, on both sides. So we ate rice with sauce and corn, yuck. It tasted just like it sounds. Soon I am going to have to find some delicious gluten free recipes to make for the two of us. Anyway, yesterday apparently was a continuation of "Dia del Ninos" they had people walking in the streets playing music REALLY LOUD and dancing around in the streets. Also, it's not a party here if they don't have some kind of dynamite or something to set off in the middle of the streets, over and over again. While we were all finishing up eating I was sitting on the couch looking outside of our window. Enjoying the nice weather and the beautiful Sunday we were having, i see a man walking down the street and looking side to side. I wondered what he was doing and all of the sudden he stops and I saw something that completely traumatized me. I started laughing and turned my head and said "Oh my gosh, that man is peeing right outside our window." Of course living with all boys and having Elders over they all jumped up and looked out our window. We were all laughing and the entire time i had my face turned in the opposite direction. Just another day in the life in Mexico City!

2 comments:

  1. I thought Jaz would have commented on the man she saw peeing in Switzerland... Mexico- sure, but
    SWITZERLAND??? That was a surprise... I guess when men have to go, they gotta go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karissa few days since I follow your blog and I think it's funny are common situations that you like to share and added you to facebook but I guess I know not to accept as a friend ejeje understand you speak and understand English but do not write very well i hope you well with your blog helps me to practice my reading jejeje take care and enjoy the Mexico city :D

    ReplyDelete